Welcome to my educational blog!

This blog is a way for me to record my experiences as a teacher. I learn as much from my students as they do from me!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Denim Day October 4, 2013

The Iron County School District has teamed up to raise awareness for breast cancer.  The district staff members will be donating $5.00 and wearing jeans and a pink shirt to raise awareness for this cause.  Five staff members of Cedar Middle School are breast cancer survivors.  Last year, we were able to raise $1,400.00 for breast cancer research.  This year, the ICSD has chosen to donate the money to Valley View Medical Center, breast cancer services.  All the money will help local women going through breast cancer treatments.  I couldn't be more excited to support our local women!

We invite parents and students to join us and wear jeans and a pink shirt on Friday October 4.  I will be selling Cedar Middle School breast cancer awareness shirts until September 20th.  They are $10.00 and I do have samples in the SPED office.  I can't wait for this amazing event!

No comments:

Post a Comment